Extended-run factory acceptance testing
In some cases, extended-run testing may be requested. Unless specified otherwise, extended-run testing will be performed in the following manner.
- Full name-plate rated load
- Standard readings taken every 15 minutes
Witnessed factory acceptance testing
Witnessed factory tests must be scheduled and approved at least four weeks prior to the engine-generator set’s scheduled shipping date. Any requests for witnessed factory testing after this four-week period must be approved and are subject to additional fees.
Witnessed extended-run factory acceptance testing
Witnessed extended-run tests must be scheduled and approved at least four weeks prior to the engine-generator set’s scheduled ship date. Any requests for witnessed extended-run testing after this four-week period must be approved and are subject to additional fees.
Additional factory acceptance testing
Additional testing is available upon request. The following is a list of supplementary tests which can be performed on MTU Onsite Energy engine-generator sets. Non-standard testing is subject to additional charges.
- Start and Stop Test (MIL-STD-705c 503.1c)
- Remote Start and Stop Test (MIL-STD-705c 503.2c)
- Overspeed Protective Device Test (MIL-STD-705c 505.2b)
- Circulating Current Test (MIL-STD-705c 505.2b)
- Insulation Resistance Test (MIL-STD-705c 301.1c)*
- Open Circuit Saturation Curve Test (MIL-STD-705c 410.1b)
- Temperature Rise Test (MIL-STD-705c 680.1c)
- Frequency Range Adjust Test (MIL-STD-705c 511.2c)
- Low Oil Pressure Protective Device Test (MIL-STD-705c 515.1b)
- Over-temperature Protective Device Test (MIL-STD-705c 515.2b)
- Controls, Direction, and Rotation Test (MIL-STD-705c 516.1a)
- Frequency and Voltage Regulation, Stability, and Transient Response (MIL-STD-705c 608.1b)
- Voltage and Frequency Regulation (MIL-STD-705c 614.1b)
- Voltage Dip and Rise for Rated Load Test (MIL-STD-705c 619.2c)
- Maximum Power Test (MIL-STD-705c 640.1d)
- Fuel Consumption Test
- Vibration and Mechanical Balance Test (ISO 8528-9)
- Sound Test (ISO 8528-10)
* Testing conducted by generator OEM